Monday, January 6, 2014

Chair makeover

I have these chairs. I bought them around 4 years ago from a secondhand retro furniture store. They weren't cheap, but I saw them, loved them and bought them. David has never liked them, mostly because the original cushions are thin making the chairs quite uncomfortable to sit on.

Recently, the thought struck, "why don't I and make new cushions for these chairs. Yes! I need a new project now the turf project is complete. All I need is to buy some foam, order some fabric after working out how much I need, make a pattern, purchase zippers and thread, find the foot pedal on my overlocker (last seen pre-renovation 24 months ago). How hard can it be, right? "

I immediately rang David at work to inform him on what his clever, crafty, creative wife had in store for her next project!

David : "Hmmm...have you done this sort of thing before?"
Me: "Well no, but how is that relevant ? I'm sure I can work it out."
David: "Maybe you should ring an upholsterer and get a quote first?"
Me:  "Pfft!"

Well, I would love to finish this story saying I whipped them up in an afternoon for the price of a cafe latte. But honestly to do them myself it started to add up to around 90 cafe lattes, and thats provided no mistakes were made. Who knew foam cost that much!

Anyway, Lauren from Flock Upholstery, a talented upholsterer from McKinnon (Lauren made my day bed and several cushions) offered me such a reasonable price I could not turn it down.

So off these two bad boys go for a makeover. Stay tuned for the result :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...