Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ensuite bathroom

The ensuite is slowly coming together. I have chosen tapware, basin and toilet, and tiles were selected and bought some time ago.

To maximise space, I have asked Con to build me a fake wall about 110cm high which then becomes a shelf. My plan is to remove the need for storage below the basin by putting in a shaving cabinet above this shelf.

It really is quite a small space so I don't want to do too much in here. A couple of towel rails and perhaps a small cane basket under the basin to store my hairdryer and this room is finished.

I have asked for a few power points inside the shaving cabinet where we can recharge toothbrushes and David's shaver.



So now I need to think about tiling this room. Originally I was thinking of using the sandstone grey on the floors and wall opposite the entry doorway. Such as the image below.



Or another alternative is to apply the sandstone grey to the floor and other wall (such as below). This would help contrast the white porcelain basin and toilet. Any thoughts?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...