Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Appliances - Part 1 (Sink and Rangehood)

The choosing of kitchen appliances, for me anyway, has been some of the hardest decisions of the whole build.

There are way too many choices, way too many price variations, and way too many opinions. It also boils down to choosing a sales person you feel you can trust. And while I have met some very nice sales people, who I'm sure had our best interests at heart, their opinions were often vastly different.

There is also the temptation to take the sales persons advice, jump online and purchase the same product at a cheaper rate. We have decided not to do that for many reasons I won't go into here.

In the end, we chose to purchase our sink and range hood locally at Prestige Appliances. Mostly because I like the idea of supporting the smaller guy, and secondly (and this I feel is very important) they were exceptionally generous with their ceasarstone and smartstone samples (I have 5 of them here beside me.) And that is a rare thing.

So without further ado (drumroll please).

Our sink will be the "Abey Barazza Cubo Double Bowl AFS400D" Inset mounted.

Teamed with this very clever little drainer, which can be stored out of the way under the sink when not in use.


Rangehood will be the Schweigen UM1170-9SP - 90cm Undermount Rangehood.

Why?

* Very quiet but still has lots of power.
* Motor located outside the house on the roof.
* Stainless steel vents can be removed and put through the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...