Sunday, November 11, 2012

Appliances - Part 2 (Oven, dishwasher and stovetop)

I feel like we are haemorrhaging money at the moment. David is surprisingly calm as we hand over his credit card, I on the other hand am up at 4.00am most days as sleep is a friend who has deserted me.

I'm also officially a bitch these days. To David, Charlie and Con and particularly to the kitchen guy (Peter) who popped out on Friday and poked holes all over our kitchen design. I guess I am feeling the pressure. As a graphic designer I have taken ownership of all the design decisions, however having never done anything like interior design I'm also at times, up the proverbial "shit creek without a paddle." I thought I was prepared. I was wrong.

I should mention that after buying every House and Garden, Home beautiful and Real Living magazine in the last 2 years, I am no closer to knowing what we want or how to get it!

Peter (the above mentioned kitchen guy) informs us that he can't actually help us until he has all appliances (that's the appliances we haven't bought yet) at his factory. Con is jumping up and down as he wants the kitchen finished before xmas, which makes Peter shrug his shoulders and say "Don't ask me for a miracle, mate."
I'm pissed off, because the builders who were meant to be back here on Thursday, aren't coming back now until Monday!

Am I painting a picture here?

Anyway, David and I head down to Harvey Norman on Saturday to purchase all appliances and hopefully prevent further delays. We have a plan, we have spoken at length about what we intend to buy. And somehow we still walk out going "What happened?"

I was seduced into buying a fancy black glass stovetop with ultra modern, space age trivets, which I later find rates really really poorly online. David has been convinced we need the dishwasher with the internal light (only an extra $500 more than the one we intended to buy). And somehow the steam oven has become a must have item. In short we are a couple of 'mugs'.

The following day I phone back Harvey Norman, replacing space age stove top with a more functional (on plan) stove top. However the steam oven and dishwasher stay.

So, what did we get?

AEG 90cm 5 Burner gas cooktop.


AEG F990151M0P semi-integrated dishwasher


AEG KS7415001M 8 function steam oven


AEG BP5013001M - 10 function Pyrolytic oven


In our defence, I will add that all AEG products came with a 5 year warranty. And we were able to get a 10% off deal.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day! NXR, Dacor, Viking, Thermador Stove & Range In Coronado

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...