Thursday, January 24, 2013

Laundry Configuration

Yesterday Peter from Parkview Cabinetry came out to measure up our laundry.

It's such a small space (approx. 2.2m) which means we really need to make every centimetre count.

Below is our current laundry configuration, along with a 'before shot'. As you can see it is in extreme need of an overhaul.
Here are our two possible options for the new laundry, at present I'm thinking Option B might be the go - but honestly I don't really know. Yes they are pretty much mirror images of each other, I guess it comes down to which one would feel visually bigger?



What are your thoughts on Dryers? We bought it when Charlie was a baby during winter when I desperately needed to get things dry quickly. Since then we now have hydronic heating which has greatly eliminated the need for the dryer as you just sling whatever over one of the radiators. However there still is the occasional time when you want to wash and dry something in a hurry (Like when I forget to have David's work shirts washed and dryed for Monday). But the laundry would be soooo much more spacious and attractive without it, wouldn't it? Decisions...

2 comments:

  1. I think I prefer option B as that way if you leave the door open your appliances are kind of tucked down the end and so not visually obvious from your hallway.

    As for dryers I have never had one so no thoughts other than I HAVE heard people rave about their front loader washer/dryer combos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Point about Option B Amy, also I think you won't hear them as much if they're located there too? But really the differences are marginal.

    Regarding the washing/dryer combos - I've always believed both the washing and drying functions are somewhat compromised, meaning they don't wash well/kindly and drying takes an eon. But perhaps I should take another look :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...