Monday, December 17, 2012

WIR "I won't know myself"

Our WIR is really starting to take shape now. This is quite exciting because it was the need for a WIR that got the whole renovation process happening.

Long before a new kitchen and family room were a thought, our main aim was some storage in the master bedroom. I wanted to get a BIR built however David refused, complaining it would take up too much room. This left the only alternative being to build out towards the boundary. A great idea but a very expensive solution just to store some clothes.

It was obvious that to do just a WIR wasn't a great use of money unless we combined it with the other things that needed to be done i.e. kitchen, laundry etc etc.

So, fast forward 3 years (of living with my clothes in baskets) and you will understand how significant this part of the build is to me. This little room of just 2m x 3.6m will (I believe) change our lives for the better FOREVER.

So, if I had a dollar for every time someone has said "You won't know yourself with a WIR" I think we might just have had enough money to pay for it!!

And while, there is still a bit more work before it is completed the excitement is building everyday.

The floor getting built


Timber floor is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...