Thursday, February 28, 2013

Kitchen - Electrical & Plumbing


This week has been huge!  

Architraves and skirtings have been done. We opted for a wide chunky style in both as I think it matches the house well without slavishly copying the original.  So while we have gone for a sympathetic renovation (to the existing house) I have wanted to keep this new area looking / feeling contemporary as I think it's important to delineate where the 1928 house ends the 2013 house begins. Therefore we have omitted things like cornices and then kept the architraves and skirtings simple and square in the new areas.  

Another big milestone this week is that the plumbing and electrics have been completed in the kitchen / family room (ensuite will be tackled when the laundry goes in later.) Today I used my dishwasher for the first time! Everything sparkled afterwards it was incredible! 

I cooked Charlie's dinner on our new stove top as our old stove/oven has been disconnected ready for demolition on Monday / Tuesday. It is very strange to finally be in this new working kitchen. I still half expect the real owners to walk in and send us packing. I'm sure it will eventually feel like home but right now I can't imagine EVER taking it for granted. 

We enjoyed eating dinner from our new island bench while marvelling at how clean all our glasses are now - it was wonderful.






1 comment:

  1. Wow! Looks just gorgeous <3 You must be so thrilled!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...