Thursday, November 20, 2014

Spring 2014

Some recent photos of the front garden.  Overall I am happy with how everything is going. Our grass has greened up again and is back to looking lush.  This year has really just been about experimenting with different perennials. My favourites will be propagated and used more en masse next year. I have ordered more seeds of easy to propagate yet interesting plants, so there is lots to look forward to.

 A few weeks back I went on a road trip to Lambley Nursery with a neighbour where I was able to purchase a few grasses and perennials I've not been able to find in local nurseries. It was a lovely day and well worth the drive. The thing I love about their perennials is they are so easy to propagate by either striking cuttings or by division. It may take a couple of years but you can fill your garden quite cheaply with minimum skill and hard work. When you tire of a certain look it's fun and easy to start the process all over again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...