Sunday, August 17, 2014

A little garden project.

I love this planter box. It's a simple combination of Seaside Daisy and Geranium Pyrenaicum sown from seed to create a lush, wild,  meadow in a container. It should flower for around 6 months of the year and be reasonably fuss free.

Seaside Daisy is a no brainer, grows just about anywhere, but loves coastal areas. Geranium Pyrenaicum is a little harder to source. Grows wild in Turkey and eastern Europe.  I have not been able to find it here anywhere so I have purchased a small amount of seeds from the UK. 

I've never bought seeds from overseas before, am not even sure if your allowed to bring in seeds from overseas hence they may never arrive. I only parted with $5.00 so I'm not too concerned. However wouldn't it be lovely if they did arrive, and germinated even. 

I'm keen to make some beautiful pots for xmas presents this year.  If the seeds arrive this will be experiment No. 1. Fingers crossed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...