Thursday, May 10, 2012

Drive by....

Yesterday I drove around Bentleigh and Ormond examining second story additions on californian bungalows. It was a worthwhile journey, and while alot that I saw weren't to my taste I was able to pinpoint what I would have done differently (i.e. not taken the upstairs extensions all the way to the external walls, matched upper and lower windows etc.) I came away feeling alot better about going up ourselves and not as worried about ruining a nice little house in the process. When an extension is done well it really does add and not subtract from the original.



Here are a few homes that I really liked. Although not all are bungalows they all have a certain cottage charm that appeals. I guess the challenge will be amalgamating the two (i.e. Cottage charm meets bungalow).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...