Thursday, April 19, 2012

'It's complicated' kitchen

A couple of weeks ago the Meryl Streep movie 'It's complicated' was on television and I was fortunate enough to tape it onto my TV hard drive. I think I have watched it about 5 times so far, pausing and lusting over the kitchen in her Spanish styled ranch.

What is it about this house? I want it, i want it now! Seriously i think it's the combination of organised clutter, the feeling of looking into a chefs home kitchen and the relaxed country charm.

The thing that has made the biggest impression on me is her island table rather than bench. Could this be the answer to our space problem in our proposed kitchen/family room? As we don't really have enough room for a separate meals area, could the island double as a table as well? Would I be sacrificing too much storage having a raised table only? hmmmmmm

Here are some photos,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...